Our Rock Kit and laminated Plate Tectonics poster are available!
One of the best rock kits available for schools anywhere in the world has been assembled by a dedicated team of TESEP geoscientists.
Now you can purchase a set of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks that are all:
- Guaranteed to be what we say they are.
- Labelled with numbers with a list to ensure you always know which is which
- Hold in your hand size so you can really see all the key features
- Nicely boxed, one box for each rock type (igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary)
- Free from distracting secondary minerals and other features not relevant to yr8-9 students
- Collected from reliable sources for ease of replacement if lost or damaged beyond use
In addtion the kit comes with:
- Stories about each rock, where they come from, how they formed
- Question and Answer materials to support student inquiry
- Extension materials including:
- Virtual 3D versions online
- Virtual thin sections to see what they are like on the inside
VISIT THE HAINES WEBSITE to purchase these great resources.
Rock Kits: $285 (excl. GST), includes one free Rock Kit PD* in 2018 for one teacher (valued at $55)
plus access to our password protected online teaching pack and extension materials once a PD* is attended.
Haines Educational are selling the laminated Plate Tectonics poster for $30 (excl. GST) and these great Rock Kits for us at the amazingly low price of $285 (excl. GST). Change the way you teach Earth Science today - Make sure you get the kit and access to the great support materials that go with them!
*PD can be a face-to-face event or an online webinar - see the Events listings for details of webinars or events in your area.
Rock Kit rocks are big enough to really see the minerals, the texture and other key features of the rock.
You can really see exactly what needs to be seen when teaching about the rock.
Each rock has been inspected to ensure it is what it should be and has no distracting secondary minerals or other features inconsistent with its classification!
The Teacher Earth Science Education Programme (TESEP) is designed to help you - a science teacher interested in improving your student's outcomes - make better use of your time teaching Earth and Space or senior Earth and Environmental Science in your classrooms through the provision of
- Professional Development workshops - Book now!
- Updates to existing resources
- New resources
- Download published Case Studies here for free!
- Ideas for field trips
- Access to teachers experienced in this field
TESEP is constantly developing new material and the next round includes:
- On-line interactive webinar delivery of PDs
- Ongoing delivery of PDs in new locations across regional Australia
- Development of national case studies to supplement existing textbooks: Click here to find out more.
- Download published Case Studies here!
- Development of field guides - simply-worded stop-by-stop descriptive guides for teachers and worksheet questions for various year levels
- Purchase and distribution of quality teaching resources to participating teachers
Follow us on FaceBook
Download partnering documents here:
TESEP is supported by ASTA
TESEP supports and encourages the use of Geoscience Pathways
For further Earth Science educational resources visit ESWA