Our Rock Kit and laminated Plate Tectonics poster are available!
One of the best rock kits available for schools anywhere in the world is being assembled by a dedicated team of TESEP geoscientists.
Soon you will be able to purchase a set of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks that are all:
- Guaranteed to be what we say they are.
- Labelled with numbers with a list to ensure you always know which is which
- Hold in your hand size so you can really see all the key features
- Nicely boxed, one box for each rock type (igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary)
- Free from distracting secondary minerals and other features not relevant to yr8-9 students
- Collected from reliable sources for ease of replacement if lost or damaged beyond use
In addtion the kit will come with:
- Stories about each rock, where they come from, how they formed
- Question and Answer materials to support student inquiry
- Extension materials including:
- Virtual 3D versions online
- Virtual thin sections to see what they are like on the inside
VISIT THE HAINES WEBSITE to purchase these great resources.
Rock Kits: $285 (ex GST), includes one free Rock Kit PD* in 2018 for one teacher (valued at $55)
plus access to our password protected online teaching pack and extension materials once a PD* is attended.
Haines Educational are selling the laminated poster and these great kits rock kits for us at the amazingly low price of $285. Change the way you teach Earth Science today - Make sure you get the kit and access to the great support materials that go with them!
*PD can be a face-to-face event or an online webinar - see the Events listings for details of webinars or events in your area.
The Teacher Earth Science Education Programme (TESEP) is designed to help you - a science teacher interested in improving your student's outcomes - make better use of your time teaching Earth and Space or senior Earth and Environmental Science in your classrooms through the provision of
- Professional Development workshops - Book now!
- Updates to existing resources
- New resources
- Download published Case Studies here for free!
- Ideas for field trips
- Access to teachers experienced in this field
TESEP is constantly developing new material and the next round includes:
- On-line interactive webinar delivery of PDs
- Ongoing delivery of PDs in new locations across regional Australia
- Development of national case studies to supplement existing textbooks: Click here to find out more.
- Download published Case Studies here!
- Development of field guides - simply-worded stop-by-stop descriptive guides for teachers and worksheet questions for various year levels
- Purchase and distribution of quality teaching resources to participating teachers
Follow us on FaceBook
Download partnering documents here:
TESEP is supported by ASTA
TESEP supports and encourages the use of Geoscience Pathways
For further Earth Science educational resources visit ESWA